Content previews of content shared on social media missing descriptive pictures, headlines or summaries are ugly! Or worse, resort to using an advertisement image parsed from the page! And who wants to spend time manually, painstakingly configuring SEO and social media options for each and every page, better spent on actually producing content worth sharing?
Simply Shareable automatically generates Open Graph, microdata, meta and link HTML tags from existing information and resources that social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and others read to compose previews for pages shared from your WordPress site.
The purpose of this plugin is to make content shared from any page on your WordPress site as presentable as possible with the least amount of time and effort.
- Sets preview images from attached images (including post thumbnails aka. featured image), author gravatars or the site icon.
- Serves different author profile links for different social media platforms reading articles.
- Derives summaries from post excerpts or content, media captions or descriptions, term or post type descriptions, author biographies or site tagline.
- Derives tags and keywords from associated taxonomies.
- Makes embedded media available from attachments and content using video or audio post formats.
- Includes a number of hooks developers can use to customize the output.
- Caches output for better performance.
- Improves search engine optimization (SEO).
- Unobtrusive. Minimal setup. Begins working immediately on activation.
- Presentation of the information this plugin provides is at the discretion of social media platforms content is shared on which may or may not support features supported on other platforms.
- This plugin does not install share buttons of any sort.
- No visual interface is provided to manage or override tags automatically generated on a per object (post, attachment, term, author, etc.) basis.
- WordPress 4.4+
- PHP 5.4+